These lessons focus on self-education.... learning about how YOU move, think, and feel. The emphasis is on learning through exploration and experimentation, as opposed to imitation, and that's why I only record audio.
So, instead of wondering if you are “doing it right,” just follow the verbally guided instructions as best you can, follow your sensations, and let curiosity guide you toward finding something new and improved.
If you are new to the Feldenkrais Method, start with Feldi Principles below and then try some lessons. The lessons target your nervous system so anyone can do any lesson and get something from it, regardless of ability, as long as you:
- Do less than you can - go smaller & slower than usual and stay within your threshold of ease
- Rest before you need to - resting helps activate neuroplasticity
- Focus on quality over quantity - you'll get more from a few movements done with attention
- Use your imagination - imagine what you can't do easily, even if it's the whole lesson
- Follow your curiosity - let go of the impulse to achieve and just play & explore without goals
LIFTING YOUR HEAD
REACHING FROM YOUR HIP